Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Moving Along

6/30/09It's been a while.I haven't had a lot of time for mini making.All of my houses have been moved to the main level. I've been trying to find places for everything. I've also been shortening table skirts. That's been quite a job. Sewing is NOT MY THING. ;-) That job is almost finished.I'm still trying to find a spot for three room boxes.For the first time in 7 years, all of my minis are on the same level of my home. I'm very happy and very motivated.

Thursday, June 25, 2009


My husband came up with the idea for incorporating the wood bins into the table that the Church is on.

This was an awesome idea. Now I have room in the closet for my power and hand tools, AND my vacuum cleaner. :-)The ranch house has also been moved down stairs. This weekend the Bostonian will come down.The Harley, Camp Ground, and Dumpster Dives have been moved out to the Lobster Shack aka Studio Apartment. Today I did a couple more rooms of carpeting. I screwed up royally. I transferred the pattern to the wrong side of the carpet. I saved it by cutting and splicing. It does show, so I will have to make an area rug to hide the seam.I do have other places I could use the carpet, but since it might be months before I get to a mini shop, I decided to make the splice, and replace it at a later time.

Monday, June 22, 2009


6/22/09This weekend my Church was moved to the main level. More on that later. I started working on a future swap from a pattern I found in NN. It was too big, and I had to re-work the pattern and start over. I hope I can get it finished in the next couple of months. I'm excited about it. I think it's something most of the ladies would love.
I finished putting my July 4th roombox back together. I had to repair the paper first. I now know not to use tack it over on untreated paper.:-0

My dishwasher and the rest of the carpeting is in, so I hope to be back at the Thornhill this week.

Thursday, June 18, 2009


It was a long day.
I finished the wedding in a wine glass. My friend Joanne re-made and dressed the bears and gifted me with them when my daughter got married. So I "had" to create a place for them.
I worked on wall rooms today. (curtains and faux windows for Kristina's room)
And made a couple of things for the Ori room
I made the mistake of leaving my work room door open. Snickers smelled that open door from a sound sleep. He didn't destroy anything, just made a really big mess and went back to sleep. 

Tuesday, June 16, 2009


A busy mini day.
I did a lot of sorting, weeding, and putting things away.
I'm almost finished with my wedding.
I designed a punch rug pattern that I will use to make a runner for the kitchen. First, it took me two hours to find the print program because I had put in a safe place. :-o

Monday, June 15, 2009


6/15/09I had to go back to the hospital, so had another few days away from minis.I'm making up for lost time.

My Thornhill has been moved to the main level of the house. I'm really happy about that. Now I can work on it, even when I can't make it up the stairs. :-)
I worked on cabinets today, making fillers (spacers), installing the knobs. I'm still waiting for my dishwasher kit.Last week I made a cute little item for swap, and I didn't break it. :-)My "wedding in a wine glass" is coming along, nicely.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009


6/9/09I didn't lose the dishwasher after all. I never ordered it. I mistakenly ordered a 2" cabinet instead of the 2" dishwashwerI spent 1/2 the day looking for it before I checked my receipts.Now I'll have to wait for a new order to come in. I'm also waiting for carpeting that has been back-ordered.

Monday, June 8, 2009


Bath/Laundry tiles


Design dilemmas just like real life. The fridge is too tall, and is so old that now it needs to be painted. I lost my dishwasher cabinet. One of these cabinets must be for one of the bathrooms, and was not supposed to be painted. :-(

Two days to make the template, and about 15 minutes to cut and install. 

Sunday, June 7, 2009


6/7/09I finished tiling the bathroom and grouted using vinyl spackling. I finished painting and sealing the kitchen cabinets. I need to make a template-jig for installing the knobs. 
I worked on a template for one of the rugs. It is VERY difficult because I added closets to the rooms. I should have installed the carpeting before the closets.

Saturday, June 6, 2009


The flu virus has kept me down for most of the week, and will keep me from the event of the year, the Sturbridge Mini Show
The up side is that I've had time to finish cleaning up the bad links on the printies projects and tips page.

I made it up to the loft and started tiling one of the bathrooms
While I was up there I took some pictures of the cherry floors
Kitchen, Great Room,

Office, Front Hall,
Dining Room

Monday, June 1, 2009


6/1/2009It was another busy weekend. We also have been re-visited by a recent flu virus we had.
I did get a bit of mini time in.
I finished installing the decking (slats) on my front porch.

It WAS bad poly on my cherry floors. I gave them a few more coats, and they were still blotchy. I sanded them, and then used the best "DEFT." They're still wet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll look beautiful tomorrow.